Sunday, September 13, 2015

Makenah's First Day of Kindergarten

The day that seemed so so so far away has arrived and passed, and I honestly don't know how it got here so quickly. I remember when Makenah was born thinking that my five year old baby going to school in 2015 seemed such a long ways away...and yet, here we are. 
Makenah Grace started Kindergarten on August 13, 2015.  As a mom, I was excited and also dreading it at the same time. So happy for her and certain she would have a great time and just knock school out of the park...but sad, because I knew what a hard change that would be, and I knew I would miss her! I knew I would be sad and worried and full of all the emotions. And I was. It was a really hard transition for me, and one that I can still get teary eyed thinking about even as I write this after some time has passed. 
Makenah though, she was awesome! She was excited and had a lot of anticipation about going. She was a little nervous, but not worried, and was ready to see what Kindergarten was all about! Her first day was awesome, and so was each day after that!! She's rockin' it!
The night before both she and Logan had their Meet Your Teacher Nights...
First Day of School breakfast...Rainbow muffins and fruit.
 My heart...
 Heading up to the school.
 We walked with her down to her classroom and watched her get settled.
After school...
 The first day was a success, and she has enjoyed each and every day. We're so proud of the way she has jumped right into Kdg. and has gotten comfortable and it has become the new normal. What a big girl we have, and we love her so!!

No comments: