Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Via Christi Evening

For many, many months I have had this past weekend marked on my calendar. And for me, that also means it was something always coming up in the back of my mind, causing a little bit of stress.

This year I was in charge of planning and putting on the annual Christmas Party for Bryan's entire residency. An evening of dinner and dancing. It started with raising money in early fall, and continued with reserving, planning, and ordering. Admittedly, I am not a good delegator. This, coupled with the fact that there was not much help to be had, left me to take most of it on myself. (Thankfully, Bryan was there to be my right hand man!)
All that to say, the event was a success and I am proud with how it turned out. And glad to be done. :-)
I don't have a picture of Bryan and I all dressed up. Imagine me (and the big baby bump!) with a very handsome guy in a black suit. I also kept the camera in its bag for the remainder of the evening, and just enjoyed the people and entertainment.
But, here are a couple of pictures of the room while we were waiting for the guests to arrive. We used the Visitor's Center at Cowtown.
I love the rustic feel of the room with the fireplace. We left it roaring the whole evening. 
Hors d'oeuvres while all the guests arrived. 
We had a delicious catered meal and a big chocolate fountain for dessert. The DJ provided great music and fun entertainment.
I was tired from being on my feet all afternoon and then making sure everything went smoothly that evening. But, since everything went great, I was able to enjoy the party too. I am sure glad to have that in the record books (and I know Bryan is too.) I was happy to be able to plan a party for everyone, and I hope they had a good time. 

No comments: