Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Billings Christmas

We spent Christmas Day with the Billings family! The day was full of celebration, laughs, and good food and fun. We started the day off in Wichita at our church for the Christmas morning church service. What a wonderful time of praise to celebrate the birth of our Savior! 
We headed to Hesston for a great lunch and afternoon and evening of presents, games, and snacks. 
 We started with stockings...My mom has a stocking for everyone hanging on their mantle. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it. She has stitched them all! 
"I can help you with that Grandma!" HaHa!
Makenah received so many wonderful presents from Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Jenna and Uncle Aaron. 
And amidst all the new things, she also managed to find some of the old favorites in the house. Some of her favorite toys to play with there are our old classics from when we were kids. Here she is with my Cabbage Patch doll and baby doll. And yes, I had matching PJ's to go with those that the doll is wearing. 
 Her very first fancy tea set. 
It's hard to see in the picture, but Mom and Jenna helped Makenah make these ornaments to give to me. They are based on ornaments that we made when we were kids, that still get hung on the tree every year. They used her finger prints to create little pictures and they are precious. I cried of course. 
 This little mama loves her new stroller from Aunt Jenna!
Tools! Men love tools, don't they?! It's a gift that is always popular!
In my childhood rocker. 
 A section of the beautiful tree. I want our tree to fill up with years of memories like this one. You can see the basket right in the middle of the picture...that is my "My First Christmas" ornament. It's 30 years old. Maybe its just my sentimental side, but I think that's pretty special. Thank you for always saving memories, Mom! 
We left feeling showered with gifts, full of great food, and thankful for a wonderful day celebrating and making memories with family. It was a very merry Christmas! 

No comments: