Monday, September 6, 2010

A little bit about me

When I started out on this blog journey a few days ago, my goal was to share about each person in our family, so you could know a little more about us. (I realize that some of you know us so well, that you already knew most everything I shared!) So, I'm left with telling you about myself.

I grew up in Hesston and then went to Bethel College where I met Bryan and fell in love (and did some studying and playing VB too!) I left Bethel with a degree in Biology and my teaching certification.
 
After teaching for 2 years and getting a masters degree,  I became a school counselor at an elementary school. I spent three years there, and then left that job for the best one I could have ever imagined! I get to stay home with our sweetie Makenah now, and I am truly loving every minute. I feel so lucky to be able to be with her, love her, teach her, laugh with her, play with her, and snuggle her all day long. Yay for being a mom!
These days, my life revolves around my faith, family, friends and fun times. I like to just relax and spend time with the people I love. I like to make trips to visit our very special families (my parents, brother and sister, and Bryan's parents and 3 brothers, as well as grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.--you'll meet many of them on here!) I like to relax with Bryan and Makenah at home, eat out, shop, play volleyball, work in the yard, play board games, do projects around the house, decorate, take pictures, go on walks, play with Casey, go out with friends, and ski in the winter.
I'm really excited about this blog, and the chance to document and share the things that go on with us. I hope that you enjoy seeing what we are up to, and will check back often. 

No comments: