Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I tried

My enjoyment of yard work is only a recent addition to my hobbies list. It's only been within the last couple of years that I have come to like helping take care of the yard, planting some flowers and keeping the yard looking nice. It's definitely something I like doing now. 
I have been looking forward to spring--the first mow, cleaning the landscaping, planting flowers.  I especially like to mow. I also like to plant flowers in my flower pots in the spring and watch them grow. (In the past I haven't shown the drive needed to water them everyday, all through the hot summer, so Bryan saved the day with a drip system to all my plants. That's not cheating, right?! :) 
I usually just get flats from the store to plant. However, for my birthday in October my friend Jacey gave me some tulip bulbs to plant. I got right on it and put them up by the house. I've been anxious to see if they would come up.
I tried.
From the time they sprouted, they have been nibbled on! Ugh! 
There is still some color out there to enjoy, but there are some bunnies going to town on my tulips. I asked Bryan what I could do about that. I didn't like his answer. So, I'm just going to let the bunnies enjoy them. :)

No comments: