Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! Bryan got several days off of work, we got to spend time with both our families here in Garden City, and we ate lots of great food. We have so much to be thankful for! 
Some thoughts from Thanksgiving:

~This year the Stucky/Wiens clan was together to celebrate, so we enjoyed seeing aunts, uncles and cousins in addition to Bryan's parents, brothers, and grandparents. While Makenah and Logan do not have any 1st cousins yet, Makenah especially has become quite attached to her 2nd cousins!! They spoiled her all weekend by including her in everything, playing together, teaching her things and being so gentle and kind. All I could do was smile when I watched them. It made Makenah seem like such a big girl when she was included like that.

~This was my parents' first Thanksgiving in Garden City and it was SO great to have them here!!! My sister was in town from Colorado, too. My brother Aaron is now living in Virginia in preparation for his wedding next month, and so he spent Thanksgiving with his fiancĂ© and her family out there. (We are SO SO excited to go to VA for the wedding in a month! Ahhh! We miss them though!) 

~Who can complain about having two turkey dinners? Not me! I fill my plate mostly with side dishes though! I get stuffed with stuffing. An then, on Friday night Bryan's parents hosted an Italian night in honor of his grandparents 55th wedding anniversary. It was Macaroni Grill-esque, and we had fun cooking pasta and decorating the house like a restaurant. It was a great time. 

~Poor Logan had a cold from Wednesday through Sunday. It was hard to see him feeling bad and he wasn't his usual happy, smiley self. He was such a good sport though, and seemed to enjoy his first Thanksgiving as much as he could. He even sampled sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, jello salad, and pumpkin pie.

~Bryan and all the guys got to spend quite a bit of time doing manly things like shooting guns at the range and riding dirt bikes and four wheelers at the river. He enjoys that stuff so much, especially doing it with family. 

~I did a poor job of taking pictures. Ugh. I just snapped a few, mostly of Makenah and Logan. I wish I would have documented everyone there and more of the festivities. I have a few phone shots to include with others later. 

Playing outside with Grandma and Aunt Jenna. 
 Earlier in the week, Makenah and I made turkeys from her hand prints. She loves doing crafts!
 With Grandma and Grandpa
 And Aunt Jenna
 Makenah was Allie's shadow all weekend. 
 With all her Wiens girl cousins.
 Logan and Granna
 More time together.
So, you can see I missed a majority of the festivities. But, its not about the pictures, its about the time spent with family and the memories we made. For that, I am so thankful. 
Thank you to our families for a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

No comments: